Manufactured by Sangean, Taiwan.
The world band receiver ATS-808, a microprocessor controlled travel radio with digital PLL frequency synthesis, was introduced around 1990 and was also sold as Siemens RK 661 or under the Uher brand.
- Principle: Double conversion superhet, IF 450 kHz / FM 10.7 MHz
- Frequency range: FM, LW, MW, SW (1.7 - 30 MHz)
- Frequency display: digital display, 1 kHz
- Frequency memories: 18 memories
- Signal strength indicator: LCD bar
- Features: clock, timer
- Sensitivity: AM (A3) / Selectivity: kHz (-6/-60 dB)
- 196 x 125 x 36 mm, weight 0.6 kg
The Sangean ATS-808, or the Siemens equivalent RK 661, is a compact pocketbook-sized double conversion radio which uses PLL frequency synthesis circuitry to cover the entire AM range from 150 - 29,999 kHz and the VHF range from 76 MHz (Japanese VHF band) - 108 MHz. The German version from Siemens only covers 87.5 - 108 MHz.
The frequency can be entered directly with the numeric keypad, alternatively you can use the UP/DOWN keys or the tuning knob with two tuning speeds.
The set does not have a BFO for receiving single sideband transmissions.
The two settings of the digital clock can be set to local and world time.
Double conversion, digital frequency synthesis using PLL circuit.
The set is equipped with semiconductors.