Manufactured by Sangean, Taiwan.
In 1996, Sangean presented an exceptionally sucessful receiver: the ATS-909. The pocketbook-sized receiver does everything a traveller expects from a travel radio at a good price-performance ratio.
The successor of the set, the ATS-909X and then the ATS-909×2, is one of the very few sompact world band radios that is still sold in the 21st century.
- Principle: Double conversion superhet, IF kHz / FM 10.7 MHz
- Operation modes: A1 with BFO, AM (A3), FM (F3)
- Frequency range: FM, LW, MW, SW (1.7 - 30 MHz)
- Frequency display: digital display, 1 kHz
- Frequency memories: 261 memories, 216 of them on shortwaves, alphanumeric labels
- Signal strength indicator: LCD bar display
- Sensitivity: AM (A3) / Selectivity: kHz (-6/-60 dB)
- 215 x 133 x 38 mm, weight 0.8 kg
The ATS-909 is a compact dual conversion superhet with PLL frequency synthesis.
It has a large number of partly pre-programmed memories, they can be given alphanumeric labels.
The VHF section has an integrated RDS decoder. The capability to decode RDS signals is very helpful for VHF DXing and for the indentification of the local stations when travelling abroad.
Double conversion, PLL synthesis.
The set is equipped with semiconductors.
The set was developed in Taiwan and sold in Germany as Siemens RK 777 and in the USA as Radio Shack DX-398. The set was sold until the 21st century in repeatedly improved variants.
It was offered with a grey and with a silver coloured plastic cabinet.