Communications receivers from Eddystone
After 1926, Stratton & Co. Ltd, Birmingham, manufactured radio sets and later shortwave receivers under the trade name Eddystone. During World War II, after the almost complete destruction of the production plants in Bromsgrove by the „1940 Blitz“, the company had to move to West Heath to a former swimming pool, the „Bath Tub“ site, Alvechurch Road, Birmingham. After only 3 months, production figures for the 358X receiver, among others, returned to the level before the destruction of the factory.
With the sale of the HF technology segment to Marconi in 1965, the company name was changed to Eddystone Radio Ltd. The company was active in marine radio, police radio and commercial communications, and later also in the design of broadcast transmitters.
Eddystone Radio Ltd. communications receivers
|All World Four||1934||Regenerative||140 kHz - 30 MHz||AM, band selection with plug-in coils|
|358X (B34)||1940||Single Conversion||40 kHz - 31 MHz||AM, CW; band selection with plug-in coils|
|670A „Cabin Set“||1954||Single Conversion||150 kHz - 30 MHz||AM|
|958 / Marconi „Nebula“||1969||Double Conversion||10 kHz - 30 MHz||AM, USB, LSB, CW|