(Grundig USA) Satellit 800
Satellit 800 by Grundig USA, resp. Etón / Lextronix; developed by Lextronix, manufactured by Tecsun in China.
As a successor in the tradition of the German shortwave receiver Satellit 650, Grundig USA / Etón developed a set in cooperation with the development team of R.L.Drake, which is technically closely related to the Drake SW-8, but with the typical Satellit 650 look.
In the USA the set was sold as Grundig (USA) Satellit 800, due to trademark problems in the rest of the world as Etón Satellit 800 and in China and Asia as Tecsun HAM-2000.
- Principle: Double conversion superhet, IF 55845 / 455 kHz kHz / FM 10.7 MHz
- Frequency Range: LW, MW, SW, FM, Air Band
- Frequency display: Digital display, 100 Hz
- Sensitivity: AM (A3) / Selectivity: 2.3 / 4 / 6 kHz (-6 dB)
- Mains operation: 220 V with external 9 V - power supply unit (stabilised)
- Batteries: 6 x 1.5 V
- 530 x 235 x 216 mm, weight 6.6 kg
- external 9 V power supply, stabilised (switching power supply not recommended)
The „Satellit 800“ was sold by Grundig USA under the brand name Grundig, for trademark reasons outside the USA as Etón Satellit 800 and in China and Asia as Tecsun HAM-2000.
In terms of design, the set is modelled on the German-made Grundig Satellit 650, but the innards have nothing to do with German engineering. The set is technically closely related to the Drake SW-8, the development engineers of R.L.Drake supported Lextronix / Etón in the development of the „Satellit 800“.
So it is not surprising that the set has solid reception characteristics on shortwave and stable SSB reception.
Double conversion, PLL frequency synthesis.
The set is equipped with semiconductors.