Home

Eddystone Radio Ltd., Birmingham

Eddystone Logo
travel radios
portable receivers
communication receivers
classic commercial receivers
"boatanchors"
military equipment
 
Autophon
Collins
Drake
Eddystone
Hallicrafters
Hammarlund
Murphy
National
Racal
Rohde & Schwarz
Siemens
Telefunken
Watkins-Johnson
 
Eddystone
 
 
shortwave reception
RTTY decoding
 
receiver list
receiver manuals
 
links
varia / copyright
about / contact

überarbeitet am 19.10.2010

In 1926 the first radio set appeared under "Eddystone" label, produced by Stratton & Company Ltd. After the so called "blitz" bomb raid in Ocotober 1940, the production facilities were transferred to a former Lido, the "Bath Tub" at West Heath, Alvechurch Road, Birmingham. After beeing sold to Marconi in the sixties, the company was definitely renamed "Eddystone Radio Ltd.", a branch of Marconi Communications Ltd., professional receivers and broadcast transmitters became the emphasis of production. 1995 the company's buildings were transferred to Selly Oak industrial estate, Birmingham, and the company - with it's nowadays smaller dimensions - was taken over by Megahertz Communications.
Find more in-depth informations at the Website of Eddystone User Group.

All World Four: 1934,
TRF, AM, 140 kHz - 30 MHz with plugin coils
670 A "Cabin Set": 1954, Single conversion, AM, 150 kHz - 30 MHz
958 / Marconi "Nebula": 1969, Double conversion, AM, USB, LSB, CW, 10 kHz - 30 MHz, Noise limiter, RF gain